Being an effective early years SENCo
Please note that this training is not relevant for people who attended this course in 2017. Regular network meetings are in place if you wish to develop your skills and knowledge of EYs SEN further - also bookable on educationservices.org.uk.
Does your SENCo have up-to-date training? SENCo’s need to know:
Being an Effective Early Years SENCo Previous comments:
- What the requirements of the SEND Code of Practice (2014) are
- How to identify children with SEND
- How to plan for them and monitor their progress
- Where to go if you have concerns about them
- How to support parents through this difficult process
- “Information clear and understandable”
- “Good information of the role / what’s expected”
- “Trainer has in-depth knowledge”
- “Very informative”
- “Chance to reflect on practice”.
Facilitator: Ms Gail Munro, Senior Educational Psychologist Cost: £50 (cancellation fee of £20 incurred if less than 2 full working days notice to Educational Psychology Service by email or phone call) Contact: Telephone – 0191 643 8739 / 40 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Booking: All places to be booked via educationservices.org.uk
Early Years SENCo’s PVI nurseries Playgroups